Agriturismo Le Terre dei Cavalieri (Cortona)
Eastern Tuscany, Arezzo, and Cortona, Italy
Dear guests if you wish to spend some of your time here at the Terre dei Cavalieri amongst scenic stretches of country and wide and fertile land surrounding it, amongst shimmering expanses of golden wheat and fields crowned by yellow sunflowers: all of this is Valdichiana, a land rich in history and tradition that was considered as early as in Roman times the “granary of Etruria” for its vast expanses of cultivated fields. Our estate consists of a Farmhouse and a Leopodina (a name given to farmhouses built around the age of Grandduke Leopold in the 1700s) built in the 18th century as well as a large park featuring a stunning swimming-pool with whirlpool bath that will invite you to spend pleasant and relaxing hours in one of Tuscany’s most enchanting settings. We designed this unique place for you to enjoy an intense and unrepeatable experience, making you feel part of an environment where things have remained unchanged and the past seems to be brought back to life everyday in its charm and character.
You will be able to dine in a kitchen that used to accommodate over thirty people at a time, sleep in the bedroom converted form the old cattle shed where farmers used to spend sleepless nights watching over their cows delivering their calves, sleep in the “tracantone” bed, sleep in the bedroom located in the Loggia or in the bedroom converted from the old dove-tower, a shelter where doves where bred by farmers. Fireplaces will tell you and remind you of stories that were told gathering around them in the cold winter nights. Walls are decorated with paintings and pictures but the best images you will be able to behold will come, as if by magic, from the windows opening onto stunning natural settings such as the dark mountains hanging over Cortona, the sweet and seamless country-side and the noble profile of Cortona….
Looking forward to having you here to discover many more things that words can not describe we would like to make a wish: that knocking on our door you may call beauty by its name.
There are five apartments available to guests four of which enclosed within the Farmhouse and a very large one spreading over the entire Leopoldina. The estate may be rented as a whole and may accommodate up to thirty people.
La Colmata - The name "Colmata" means reclaimed land (slightly up the hill). The apartment consists of:
- 2 bedrooms with private bathroom (one of which with bath-tub).
- One sleeper-sofa with private bathroom.
- Large living room with kitchen.
- Tot. 114 sq.mt. – sleeps 4 + 2
La Reglia - The name "Reglia" refers to the stream running through our land. The apartment consists of:
- 2 bedrooms with private bathroom (one of which with Jacuzzi shower/sauna).
- One sleeper-sofa.
- Large living room with kitchen.
- Tot. 110 sq.mt. – sleeps 4 + 2
Il Confine - The name Confine refers to the border of the estate. The apartment consists of:
- 3 bedrooms with private bathroom (one of which with Jacuzzi shower/sauna).
- Large living room with kitchenette.
- Tot. 142 sq.mt. – sleeps 6
Il Chiarone - The name "Chiarone" refers to the name of a plot of land so called for the sunshine reflecting off of it. The apartment consists of:
- 2 bedrooms (one of which with mezzanine) with private bathroom (one of which with Jacuzzi shower/sauna).
- Living room with kitchenette.
- Tot. 110 sq.mt. – sleeps 4
La Caggiola (La Leopoldina) - The farmhouse consists of:
- 3 double or twin rooms (L’Amabile, L’Amelia, La Loggia) with private bathroom.
- 1 double bedroom (la Colombaia) with studio and private bathroom.
- Shared hall with fireplace (210 sq.mt.).
- 1 bedroom (le Grate) with living room and kitchenette + bath (possibly independent entrance – 46 sq.mt.).
- Shared hall for the entire farmhouse with kitchen and two bathrooms (159 sq.mt.).
- Tot. 415 sq.mt. – sleeps 10 + 2
All rooms are double but may be converted into twin.
All rooms are independent.
Heating and air conditioning.
All bathrooms are equipped with hair-dryer.
Kitchens are equipped with dish-washer, electric hobs, electric and microwave oven.
The farmhouse has a laundry room equipped with washing-machine and dryer.
- 6 X 12 mt. swimming pool with whirlpool bath. Solarium, bathrooms and showers
- Air conditioning – heating
- 15 independent bedrooms. 18 bathrooms 3 of which with Jacuzzi shower/sauna
- Each room is equipped with complimentary bathroom products and hair-dryer
- In the Leopoldina 159 sq.mt. shared hall with open kitchen
- Satellite TV in each bedroom, in all kitchen-living rooms and in the hall
- Safe in each apartment and, in the Leopoldina, inn each bedroom
- Park and garden
- Mountain bikes
- Laundry room with dryer
- External barbecue
Call or e-mail for rates and availability
Double room from 100-140 Euros
Triple room from 120-170 Euros
Suite for 2 from 120-160 Euros
Suite for 4 from 190-280 Euros
2- night minimum on the above rooms - Rates include VAT and buffet breakfast
Apartment for 2 from 600-900 Euros per week
Apartment for 4-6 from 1000-1500 Euros per week
House for 6 from 1400-2000 Euros per week
House for 8 from 2000-3000 Euros per week
The apartments are 7 night minimum - Rates are weekly and include electricity, water, gas, weekly linen change, and VAT
Baby sitting service
baby-cot in all periods.
COOKING CLASSES OFFERED ~ RATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST