Castello di Spaltenna (Gaiole in Chianti)
Central Tuscany, Chianti, and Siena, Italy
There are places in Tuscany where time seems to have stopped. Places full of history but familiar at the same time. Places that, once discovered, you would never wish to leave. Castello di Spaltenna, a charming hotel situated in Gaiole in Chianti, is one of these places.
The Medieval Parish Church and the fortified walls, surrounded by hectares of forests and vineyards, now host an exclusive hotel in Chianti, but still preserve the same ancient grace and pride.
Here, staff are ready to welcome everyone in a special and personalized way. You will find rooms that invoke dream and peaceful relaxation. You will have a talented and passionate chef consistently creating gastronomic arrays of food everyday. Our food is in sync with the natural rhythm of the seasons, and always faithful to the local traditions. Lastly you can enjoy Spaltenna Castle, which are our original scented Wines of the highest and most authentic quality were first enjoyed by royalty.
At Castello Di Spaltenna, you will realize how luxury can be expressed with elegance and simplicity. The meticulous attention to detail, creates a natural beauty that freshens the air, reflecting an ancient but modest, majesty. The Rooms are welcoming, peaceful and memorable, meant to be whole-heartedly enjoyed to the utmost pleasure.
The hotel’s interiors are beautifully decorated with four post, wrought iron beds, writing desks and trunks from the 18th century, decorated drapes, chests of drawers with marble toppings. All the rooms feature different and unique items, but always keep a traditional, rustic style. Everything around you has been purposefully chosen to ensure an authentic representation of Tuscany and Chianti is ensured.
In every Room and Suite you will find:
- Independent air conditioning and heaters
- Satellite LCD TV with SKY channels
- Courtesy set
- Bathroom with bathtub or shower
- Bathrobe and sponge slippers
- A la carte menu room service
Rooms & Suites:
Classic: The country-chic furnishings displayed in the Classic Rooms at Castello di Spaltenna, create a unique and cozy atmosphere, fully expressing old world, Tuscan charm and tradition. Every room has a free wi-fi connection to surf on the Internet as long as you like, and a satellite TV for you to relax and have fun. In the morning, the magical view over the garden, the church and the vineyards will ensure you have a rather peaceful start to the day. 16 sqm. 2 guests max.
Superior: The Superior Rooms are most enchanting with our fairytale-like four poster bed and Jacuzzi for two. On-sight beam ceilings, terracotta flooring and refined rustic detailsmake every room extremely cozy, while the free wi-fi connection and the satellite TV are always there for you to be entertained and unwind in the privacy of your room. Superior Rooms feature a Jacuzzi for two and four poster bed upon request.Third bed available under request. 20 sqm. 3 guests max.
Deluxe: After a walk in the countryside, a wine tasting tour around the local farms or a trip to Sienna, nothing could be more relaxing than a warm bath, or better, a warm Jacuzzi. Every De Luxe Room is equipped with a Jacuzzi for those who like to unwind and treat themselves during their stay. Deluxe rooms feature a Jacuzzi for two. Third bed available under request. 28 sqm. 3 guests max.
Junior Suite: Castello di Spaltenna’s Junior Suites are spacious and contain classic wood and wrought iron furnishings and terracotta flooring. You will also see the original fireplaces used to keep the rooms warm in the old times, during the cold Chianti winters. Enjoy a glass of delicious, quenching wine in a Junior Suite as you look outside at the young, vibrant colors of the Tuscan countryside. Junior Suites feature wide spaces and a Jacuzzi or shower with hydro massage. 36 sqm. 4 guests max.
Suite: Our Suites feature an independent Living Room and fireplace, for those who love to relax in an open, spacious ambiance. From an exclusive little terrace you will be able to look onto the vineyards and enjoy the peaceful and splendid view of the mansion. The four poster or wrought iron bed and the elegant, rustic furnishings make these rooms uniquely warm and cozy. Suites feature an independent living room with original fireplace as well as two bathrooms with Jacuzzi or shower with hydro massage.Third bed available under request. 50 sqm. 3 guests max.
Only 1 km far from the castle you’ll find Borgo di Vertine, a medieval fortified town consisting of narrow streets, stone walls and typical Tuscan views. These views in particular have never been a part of any battle or war and therefore are still intact and pristine as they were centuries ago. In Vertine Castello di Spaltenna, we have two elegant apartments for those guests who want to stay in Chianti for over one week and enjoy their freedom while using the hotel services at the same time. All the apartments are typically Tuscan country-chic style furnished and have stone walls, ancient terracotta flooring and classic Tuscan pieces of furniture that give every single space a welcoming warm atmosphere.
Both of the Holiday Apartments can host up to 3 people and offer:
- Kitchen and domestic appliances
- Cleaning and linen shift every 3 days
- Breakfast at the hotel on demand
- Access to the swimming pools, common areas and hotel services
Exclusive Free Services for Spaltenna Castle’s guests:
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Swimming Pool with sunbeds, solarium and beach towels
- Gym, sauna, steam room, indoor heated swimming pool
- Tennis court on demand
- Pool room
- Table tennis
- Mountain bikes
- Open air car park with security cameras
Free Exclusive Services for the Guests of Castello di Spaltenna:
- Gourmet breakfast(from 7.30 a.m. to 10.30): a real moment to relax made possible by the creative cooking skills of the chef of Il Pievano to be enjoyed on the big Terrace overlooking the vineyards
- A mouthwatering tour of cakes just taken out of the oven, fresh plain or stuffed brioche, local cheese at different levels of seasoning, Chianti sliced salami, eggs cooked on the spot and as you like them, and, finally, salmon. All this with yoghurt, fresh fruit juice, coffee, cappuccino and tea served directly at your table.
- Free Wi-Fi Connectionto surf quickly with your PC or smartphone at every moment from your room or from all common spaces.
- Outdoor swimming pool: immersed in the scents of the garden, surrounded by a solarium with deck-chairs and beach umbrella. Towels free for our guests.
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Technogym machines, sauna, steam roomto relax, recover energies, clear out your body of all toxins and get back to your best form.
- Tennis course on booking.
- Pool table room.
- Professional table tennis.
- Possibility of using a mountain bikefor trips and excursions through the Chianti countryside.
- Uncovered parking place under closed circuit TV surveillance.
- Il Pievano Restaurant:skillfully and creatively revisits authentic flavours. Our restaurant is open for dinner only from 7.30pm to 10pm. A Half-Board Service is available for €49 a day per person not including wines.
- La Terrazza Restaurant : open for lunch only between 12.30pm and 2.30pm, set on the terrace looking onto the countryside or in the lounges of the tavern.
- Wellness-spa Centre: a small wellness oasis for customized face and body treatments, scrubs, massages and Spaltenna olive oil and San Giovese wine face pack.
- Weddings in Tuscany: our wedding team is available to arrange every single detail for your wedding and gives you the opportunity to even reserve the whole castle.
- Shops where you can exclusively purchase our wine and pottery made on the spot according to your requirements.
- Tasting: organized on demand in the historical Canteen for you to try all the labels of the castle
- Car and scooter rent
- Menu for coeliacson demand for breakfast and dinner
- Excursions in medieval villages and art cities, enogastronomic tours, horse rides and lessons
- Typical Tuscan cuisine lessons
- Tavern Bar: open every day between 6pm and midnightfor a drink or aperitif in the welcoming rooms of the on-sight stone tavern
- Swimming Pool Bar: by the pool drinks and snacks are served all day between 11am and 18pm
Restaurant & Wine Cellar:
Every stay at Castello di Spaltenna is enriched by a full immersion into the flavours of the Tuscan cuisine and wines that this extraordinary place can offer. La Terrazza Restaurant, with its light dishes, Il Pievano Restaurant with its creative cuisine and the labels of the Castle Wine cellar, will be an integral part of your journey in Chianti. Wine is the highest expression of Tuscany in Castello di Spaltenna in Chianti. Every year, the grapes grown in the vineyard on the surrounding hills around the hotel are picked and used to create six exclusive wine labels. White, red and rosé wines can be purchased at the Castle’s Shop, tasted in the Canteen on demand, or ordered at Il Pievano Restaurant.
Outdoor Pool: A great moment of pure relaxation is guaranteed at the swimming pool, with its solarium with chaise longues, sun beds and umbrellas. You can read a book, or simply sunbathe until sunset, surrounded by the peace of our private park and its olive trees, vineyards, cypresses and wild woods. Towelswill be supplied free.
Indoor Pool: The Castello di Spaltenna is the only hotel in the Chianti region offering an indoor heated swimming pool, free of charge for all guests. During our winter months, a plunge into warm 29°C water while watching the woods and rolling hills of Tuscany covered with frost from behind our large windowed walls is an unforgettable experience.