Enjoy the history of Dubrovnik in your very own apartment for two, nestled amongst the ancient city walls! Located on a quiet street in Dubrovnik, this incredible hip one bedroom apartment is on the second floor (no elevator). It is newly renovated and situated in a 16th century palace, with the view to the city walls and the archeological site. A fabulous combination of old stone walls and contemporary furniture and designe merge perfectly giving this apartment a very special atmosphere. It consists of a hall with wardrobe, a spacious living room with leather seating, a TV, and a dining area which includes a fully equipped kitchen. From the living room, there are two doors leading to a cool double bedroom and an expansive modern shower room. The entrance to the palace and the stairs to the apartment have also recently been renovated, during which special attention was payed to highlighting the ancient original details, like the old well and the ornaments above the door! The Dalmation Apartment is walking distance to the beach, many restaurants and shopping.
Amenities inlcude Air conditioning, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi, Safe, and Microwave. Transfers available.
A bit of Dubrovnik, Croatia history
Dubrovnik is the most well known destination of the Dalmatian Riviera with its famous medieval walled town, museums, churches, art galleries, restaurants and bars.Lokrum island is a UNESCO protected site, which houses the ruins of a former monastery and fort, a restaurant and plenty of secluded beaches. Elafiti islands are the perfect getaway from city crowds. The most popular islands are Kolocep, Lopud and Šipan and are also the only inhabited islands. Mljet Island is famous for its natural beauty and a National park on the Western edge. This park is definitely worth a trip - it is phenomenal. Peljesac Peninsula is covered with dense evergreens and Mediterranean vegetation, and produces some of the most famous wines. On your way, do not miss stopping at Ston, famous for its shellfish restaurants - the best in the region - for oyster fanatics, it's a must!
Dubrovnik is a remarkably well preserved example of a late medieval walled city, with a convenient street layout. Among the outstanding medieval, Renaissance and Baroque monuments within the magnificent fortifications and the monumental gates to the city, are the Town Hall (now the Rector's Palace), dating from the 11th century; the Franciscan Monastery (completed in the 14th century, but now largely Baroque in appearance) with its imposing church; the extensive Dominican Monastery; the cathedral (rebuilt after the 1667 earthquake); the Customs House (Sponza), the eclectic appearance of which reveals the fact that it is the work of several hands over many years; and a number of other Baroque churches, such as that of St Blaise (patron saint of the city).
The island of Lokrum lies South East of Dubrovnik, approximately 500 m from the coast. In 1023 it became a Benedictine abbey, the first of several in the Republic of Dubrovnik. It was continually enlarged in succeeding centuries, passing to the Congregation of St Justina of Padua in the late 15th century, when a new monastery was built in Gothic Renaissance style to the South of the ruins of the Benedictine establishment. During their occupation of the island, in the early 19th century, the French began work on the construction of the Fort Royal Fortress, which was completed by the Austrians in the 1830s. In 1859 Archduke Maximilian of Austria (later Emperor of Mexico) bought the island with the intention of building a villa, in classical style, on the ruins of the Benedictine abbey, but only a small part of this work was completed.