Cuban Discovery Tours
Cuban Tours, Cuba
Tropical, authentic, real, with unique people, culture, sites and food. Cuba!. Only 90 miles off our shores but far, far away from us in so many ways. Soon, tourists will descend on Cuba as the embargo lifts. And, as a Small & Elegant alumni, we know the best time to see something is before the big commercial interests, in the world of accommodations that means mega-this and mega-that, begin to take hold of this precious look at the past.
We have formed a partnership with experts who have been taking "boutiquer's" into Cuba for decades, and have organized a Cuban Discovery Tour of a minimum of 8 days and 7 nights each giving our clients the opportunity to see and feel the real Cuba complete with boutique accommodations Cuba style, in the homes of families anxious to welcome you. There are two separate tours. The first February 22 - March 2, 2017, featuring an extra day in Havana, and the second March 29 - April 5, 2017. In between, an amazing adventure built for Small & Elegant Hotels. Take a look at this itinerary. Price based on required confirmed minimum participation starts at $3,195 per person including all taxes, air credit from the United States and includes reimbursement for the Cuban visa, all lodging in Cuba, all tours and transportation in Cuba. This is bucket list travel to the extraordinary. Don't miss out as space is limited.
Day One Highlights
• Arrive in Havana, private transfer to "casas", check-in • Lunch at Le Torre, perched 25 stories above Havana • Visit Old Havana with walking tours of the four historic plaza's • See Camera Oscura • Dinner at El Aljibe, Cuba's most famous chicken restaurant • Return to casas.
Day Two HIghlights
• Breakfast as casas • Visit Fusterlandia, home neighborhood of Jose Fuster, known as the "Picasso of teh Caribbean for his famouse ceramic artistry • Lunch at El Rejoneo, a true Cuban neighborhood "paladar" • Meet faculty member at University of Havana, for explanation of Cuban educational system • Visit Revolution Square and Museo Militario • Return to casas • Optional dinner at El Canonazo • Attend Canon Firing Ceremony • Return to casas
Day Three Highlights
• Breakfast at casas • Full day excursion to beautiful mountainous province of Pinar del Rio at is UNESCO National Park • Lunch at Cuban organic farm with owners • Visit to famous tobacco farm • Return to Havana and casas
Day Four Highlights
• Breakfast at casas • Visit an elementary school classroom • Walking tour of local tobacco factory • Lunch at Old Havana paladar • Rest of day open • Return to casas
Day Five Highights
• Breakfast at casas • Check out at take journey to Cienfuegos, a waterfront city on the south coast known as the "Pearl of Cuba" • City Tour • Lunch at paladar on the water • Check into local casas • Visit to local art workshops and studios • Return to casas
Day Six Highlights
• Breakfast at casas • Travel to city of Trinidad • Learn about Cuban religion • Experience authentic Afro-Cuban dancing • Lunch • Rest of day on own • Return to casas in Cienfuegos
Day Seven Highlights
• Breakfast at casas • Drive to mountain destination of Topes de Collantes with jungle rivers, waterfalls, swimming and nature hiking with guide discussing importance of ecology in Cuba • Lunch • Return to casas in Cienfuegos for rest of day on own
Day Eight • Check out of casas and head to Havana airport for departure back to the United States.
We've been there and done it. Contact us at 800-644-8000 for more information. Single and hotel accommodations supplements apply, as does a supplement for more than 7 nights and 8 days. Itinerarly is flexible and allows for client input.
Call or e-mail for rates and availability
8 Days, 7 Nights Or More
Includes Roundtrip Commercial Air Credit & Visa Credit
Transportation Both City & Country
Casa Boutique Lodging
Now Booking February 22 - March 1 & March 29 - April 5
Pricing Starting at $3,195 Per Person